If you’re looking to use up those old bananas I can honestly say this is the best banana muffin recipe. Seriously. Best banana muffins EVER!
Banana bread is soo the start of lockdown, things have improved since then and got even better!
Banana, White Chocolate and Nutella Muffins are the new banana bread!
After the success of my DoubleTree Cookie recipe attempt I have been baking more and more… and thus eating more and more sweet treats too. Lockdown is going well!
My mouth is salivating as I write this. My last batch didn’t last long and I am trying really hard to not make any more for fear of eating them all… again!
This recipe was originally from The Londoner and then I slightly tweaked it to make it even better. In my humble opinion. I think would happily eat this as my only dessert forever more. Oh and maybe Chocolate Fondant.
Here is my recipe for the best banana muffins you will ever taste.
Recipe for the Best Banana Muffins with White Chocolate and Nutella
Ingredients for Banana, White Chocolate and Nutella Muffins
These will make 12 banana, white chocolate and Nutella muffins
- 230 grams self raising flour
- 150 grams granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- 115grams of unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 4-5 tablespoons of Nutella
- 150grams white chocolate (broken into pieces) – could also use white chocolate chips
Tip: Make sure your bananas are super ripe!
You will need a muffin tray and 12 muffin cases too (paper or silicon).
Method for baking the best banana muffins!
You can mix and bake your muffins in not much more than 30 minutes, and most of that is baking time. So they are a quick and tasty treat when you’ve got some overripe bananas that need using up. With plenty of time to sip on a gin and tonic while they’re in the oven! Shh!
I think I just buy bananas to wait for them to go over ripe now. There are so many things you can make with them, banana pancakes, banana bread, fried bananas to top some french toast and these banana muffins!
Ready. Set. Go…
- Preheat your oven to 180C (or 350F)
- In one bowl mix your flour, sugar and salt
- In other bowl mix you beaten eggs, melted butter, mashed up bananas and vanilla essence
- Tip one mixture into the other and add in the broken up white chocolate pieces (or chocolate chips)
- Mix all together and divide the mixture between the cases (they will be about half full)
- Add about a teaspoon of Nutella onto each case and lightly swirl with the mixture using a cocktail stick or something similar
- Pop the muffins in the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean
- Cool slightly… then eat the lot! or share them with friends if you can 😉
Tip: Lumpy mixture is a good thing, you don’t want it too smooth. A few banana lumps make it all the better!
Tip: If your Nutella isn’t very soft you might want to slightly melt it using a glass bowl over some boiling water, so it’s easier to swirl.
These banana, white chocolate and Nutella muffins are the easiest thing to make and so unbelievably tasty. I feel like I am constantly waiting for my bananas to ripen so I can make some more.
Let me know if you make these and if you think they are the best banana muffins you’ve ever tasted. Certainly better than boring ol’ banana bread… am I right?!
Other Posts you might like