She Gets to Work is recruiting! It is time to get some additional support for the business I run alongside this blog. Things have been getting quite busy recently with a mix of client work and blog work so I am looking to recruit a consultant to give me a helping hand during this busy period.
It’s a really exciting role that is varied and flexible and I’m looking to recruit someone fun, and passionate about all things digital. This isn’t just a role about blogging, it will include working on a variety of different client projects.
About the role
Job Title: Digital Content Consultant
Working hours: approximately 1 day a week (can be split across 2 days and hours are flexible)
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Location: This is a remote working role though my preference will be for those near Derbyshire or London so we could occasionally meet in person (I’m based in Matlock, Derbyshire, though visit London every week for work)
Deadline for applications: 7th June though the sooner the better as I will be arranging interviews as applications come in
About She Gets to Work Ltd
She Gets to Work Ltd is in her 3rd year now and is growing every year, our workload is ever changing but involves all areas of digital and content marketing, from digital campaigns, to blog writing, UX design and delivering training in Google PPC, social media and analytics.
Life at She Gets to Work is always varied. One day I might be on a press trip trying the latest 5* cuisine or spending the day on a jet ski, the next day I will be sat at my desk writing social media posts for a client, the next delivering training to students on building your brand online.
I work with a variety of clients from top travel brands like National Express and Hilton hotels, to a number of London councils and charities. Current work includes developing the digital campaign for Refugee Week, blog posts on She Gets Around for a number of travel clients, working on digital marketing for a new commercial site at Waltham Forest Council and delivering training and writing social media content for a range of small charities.
So what am I looking for? Well, She Gets to Work is looking for a Digital Content Consultant to join our small team to work on a mix of blog work (for this little travel blog) and client work. I am looking for someone with a background in digital, social and content marketing, ideally with experience in all of the following areas:
- Blogger: top copywriting skills, including knowledge of SEO and keywords and the ability to match the tone of voice of She Gets Around or other client’s blogs
- Social Media Whizz: writing and scheduling posts for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media channels
- Pinterest Pro: Someone who understands how to use Pinterest to increase website readership
- Graphic Creator: Confidence in using Canva or other tools to create beautiful graphics to use on social media
We can’t all be experts in everything, but you might be an expert in more things than others. The skills above are the key things I’m looking for at the moment, but if you have any of the skills below then you might get bonus points and be in with a higher chance of recruitment success! 🙂
- Video and photo editing: Any video or photo editing skills would go down a treat
- Paid Media: Experience in successfully using Facebook and Twitter ads and Google PPC would bump you to the top of the list
- SEO: An understanding of using and analysing SEO beyond just blog post keywords would be super
- Analysis and reporting: Good at analysing a digital campaign’s success and writing fancy reports? Then step right up!
- Training facilitator: If you’ve delivered training in the past then let me know as there might be some training work in the future.
- WordPress wizard: know a thing or two about wordpress? redesign, plugins, updates… make sure you let me know.
You don’t need to have all the skills above and if there are any gaps I will work to train you up where necessary, so you will a digital pro in no time! Hurrah!
A few more necessary skills…
What more skills needed?? Well hopefully there’s nothing too taxing below, I just need to make sure I’ve got everything on my list covered so I can recruit the best person.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Fluency in English to a native level
- Extremely well-organised
- Excellent copywriting skills, especially writing for digital experience
- Positive, proactive thinker
- Comfortable working alone (though I’m always at the end of the phone or email for questions)
- No degree needed – I’m all about the experience you have!
- A love for all things travel!
- Experience in the charity and/or public sector would be ace, though not essential
- Someone who believes work should be fun! (and I’m going to try my hardest to make sure our work is fun for both of us)
What you can expect from me in return
- Regular work of approximately 1 day a week (this could grow as the work grows)
- Varied work from a mix of clients
- Flexible working in a friendly supportive environment
- Training and support in any areas of digital marketing you’re missing
- Remote working – work where you want, in whatever you want
- And… potentially the opportunity to go on press trip on behalf of She Gets Around… free travel! YES!
Please note this is a freelance consultant post, so you will be required to sort out your own tax and all that stuff! Not the best with numbers me… though I am good at paying on time! 🙂
I want the job… where do I apply?
Interested? Then fill in the online application form and I will get back to you if I want to arrange an interview.
Interviews will most likely take place on Skype, though if we’re nearby then maybe we can meet in person! That would be lovely 🙂
PS. My business may be called She Gets to Work… but guys and gals can apply!
Good luck all and I look forward to reading your applications.